"Somehow it seems to have reactivated itself and made its way along the work surface where it pushed a cooking pot out of the way and basically that was the end of it," fireman Helmut Kniewasser told The Daily Mail. "I don’t know about the allegations of a robot suicide but the homeowner is insistent that the device was switched off—it’s a mystery how it came to be activated and ended up making its way to the hotplate."
A condemned London apartment transformed into a copper sulphate chamber.
"After reinforcing the walls and ceiling and covering them in plastic sheeting, 80,000 litres of a copper sulphate solution were poured in from a hole in the ceiling. After a few weeks the temperature of the solution fell and the crystals began to grow. The remaining liquid was pumped back out and sent for special chemical recycling."
Additional installation shots found here and here.